Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Neglect

Dear Everyone...

I am very sorry indeed for the long pause between my last post and this. In case you do not all have it marked on your calendars, this is the week! I take the LSAT on Saturday. I am feeling pleasantly optimistic. I am mostly excited I think to just have it done and out of my life. I desperately hope that I will never have to take this test again, but I am going to just do my best and let the chips fall as they may.

Last week, I got a bit of the nasty cold, so I stayed home from work and slept to get better. I have never loved sleep more than right now. It is as if I can never get enough. I just love it...I am addicted to sleep; unfortunately, I still have not mastered the art of going to sleep. I am soooooo good at staying asleep once there, but getting to that sleeping state is tricky.

Since I was a little girl, my mind has always come awake at night. I think about life and everything that I need to get done and all that has happened in the day. I think about people I need to apologize to, wrongs that need righting; I think about hopes and dreams; I think about finances; I think about specific LSAT problems, the list really could go on and on. My mind is a swimming all night long. I wish I could just float off to dreamland. I had a roommate in college that literally was asleep before her head even hit the pillow...she was incredible. I wish that I could be more like that. But alas, I don't think that is in the cards for me in this life. I can't imagine what will keep me up once I am pregnant or have children...I am terribly good at worrying, and I suppose that there will be a never ending supply of things to worry about when we are at that stage in our lives. Anyway, this has been the state of my sleeping as of late. I am looking forward to hopefully catching up on some serious rest after Saturday.

In related news, my boss informed me yesterday that I get Columbus Day off, which for those of you who are like me and need to consult a calendar to know just when we celebrate the discovery of our new world...that would be this coming Monday, October 11, 2010. Could it come on a better day? I submit that it could not...I am finding myself altogether more and more appreciative of Mr. Columbus as the days near Monday...how shall I commemorate this blessed event? Ideas?

6 comments:

  1. Good luck this weekend! You will kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you to rock the test!! And to have you back in my life again busy girl!!! Good luck this week! OH, and you are lucky to have monday off :( we don't, instead we get the day after thanksgiving off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have the same problem when trying to fall asleep, it is good to know I am not the only one in the world that can lay awake for hours even when early that day all I could think about was falling asleep. Good luck on the LSAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! And celebrate by melting some more candy together--but this time try an assortment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 things to do for Columbus day:
    1) Bake a cake and shape it like the New World.
    2) Think about Thanksgiving and all the delicious food to be consumed
    3) Sleep in and not worry about the LSAT
    4) Prepare for my birthday
    5) Get your costume ready for the Halloween Half at the end of this month
    6) Watch a BBC drama and ponder about what it would be like to wear dresses like that.
    7) G-chat
    8) Prepare a literature review on the pros and cons of Columbus discovering the Americas
    9) Read a book of your choosing
    10) Build tiny ships and name them the Pinta, Nina and Santa Maria.

    Good luck pal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, you'll be too tired when you are pregnant or have children to think about anything but sleep at the end of the day. You'll be too tired to worry, and your brain will develop at automatic shut-off button. I remember late nights and all-nighters in college...and maybe this is just me...but I find it easier to go to sleep hopped up on all these pregnancy hormones and with this little parasite growing inside of me than I ever found it to be the night after pulling an all-nighter. But that's a good thing...because when I do allow myself to worry during the day, you are correct, the worries are worse then they ever were before! So at least that's something you don't have to worry about NOW. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete