Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Foresight


Have you ever wanted something so much that perhaps you didn't reason through the ramifications of ascertaining that thing? Have you ever desired the good at the wrong time? Have you ever gotten so caught up in the moment that all reason went out the window?

I have. And this is the result...
On Saturday, Parker and I went down to Provo for a friend's first time through the temple. The whole way there all I could think about was how much I loved the chocolate covered cinnamon bears that BYU offers at their candy counter. It had been so long since I had visited my alma-mater that the moment over took me, and I all at once I found myself purchasing a bag of thesen these scrumptious morsels. Unfortunately, my good intentions were plagued by a warm day and a long time in the temple and a very hot car. This is the result. In stead of a wonderful bag of chocolate covered cinnamon bears, each individually coated for convenient consumption, I give you something out of Dante's Inferno. When I first looked in the bag after returning to the car, I saw them all swimming in their own melted skin, and unfortunately, all I could think of was a passage in Dante's Inferno. If you haven't read it, don't worry. If you have, you know what I mean...and it was no good. Fortunately, after a long stay in the fridge, I have this brick of deliciousness that simply has to be chiseled off a piece at a time for my gastronomic pleasure.

7 comments:

  1. This way it makes the taste a little sweeter, because simply you have to work a little extra for those scrumptious bears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous allusion to Dante. And kind of sickening. Didn't know you had a blog until this instant. Hooray for blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now you know that I had a horrific typo in the first entry. What's the point of being able to delete a comment if your little picture stays there saying you deleted it. Might as well read "Steph's an imbecile." On the bright side, you get three comments from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Stephanie...you just brought a smile to my day. What it really says is that Steph is a proof reader not an imbecile...and all of us can use a little more proof reading :-) Me more than most. Thanks for reading! I am excited to have you as a follower :-)

    ReplyDelete