Thursday, September 9, 2010

One Month Til....

Well, it is exactly one month until I take the LSAT. To commemorate such an event, I slept through my alarm this morning and totally missed my morning study. Alas, all should be well. Gearing up for this test has been a very emotional journey. Goodness...I don't know that I have ever been so controlled by something in my emotions. You are probably thinking...this girl has an unhealthy relationship with that test, and you would be right, but I honestly don't see how you can do well, and not have an unhealthy relationship with it. Some nights, when the LSAT has totally kicked my trash, I wander home and just think what it will be like when I don't have to go back to this stupid test night after night. Subjecting myself to the mercy of a number...one silly number and yet, a number that will mean everything for where I can go to school. Oh the cruelties of higher education!

Today the weather has decided to be gloomy, fitting I suppose. I love gloomy weather though, it reminds me so much of home in Oregon in the fall. I love the rain and the cozy feeling that comes with gloomy days. Perhaps it was a tender mercy that I got a gloomy day to enjoy on this the beginning of the final countdown for the LSAT.

Also, I found out yesterday, that I will be an aunt again. My brother Andrew and his wife Charity are expecting their second. This will make two grandkids in our family. We are excited. Lucy, their first little girl, is an absolute cutie, and I just can't wait for this next little baby. I am sure he/she will be outrageously cute too. I will admit, the whole thing has me rather baby hungry, but alas my womb stays empty for now :-)



2 comments:

  1. So fun to have another little Butterfield running around! Congrats to Andrew and Charity! With one month left I hope you are able keep your mind clear enough to sleep- I remember that being a problem for Spencer as the test loomed closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the LSAT - you will do an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete