Monday, September 13, 2010

Is it hot in here or is my skin just on fire?

Well folks...it is time for a funny story. Last night, I took a shower. I was very tired, but I knew that I wanted to shower last night instead of this morning. So at a timely 10:45 pm, I hopped in the shower. When I finished showering, I needed to lotion up because of this great Utah climate :-) I couldn't find my usual lotion, and I was tired. There was a bottle of lotion that I had gotten at a triathlon this year in a goodie bag. So I grabbed that sucker and started applying...

#1 Bad Sign: I could not read any of the ingredients on the back because it was entirely written in some Asian language.

#2 Bad Sign: When I took the little foil piece of the top of it, a strong smell of mint came into the air.

Did I heed the bad signs? NO!

As a result, I lathered my body up with that stuff, in about three minutes I felt like I had just rubbed an entire bottle of icy hot allll over my body. I was freezing and shivering, but burning up. I was sweating but so cold I thought I might cry. I kept thinking it would be okay. I wrapped myself up in a blanket but that just felt like a furnace. So I unwrapped myself and then I was back to being an ice cube, I was laughing though tears were flowing. Every part of me was stinging due to the fumes...we aren't just talking eyes folks, EVERY sensitive part of my body felt on fire. After about 15 minutes of this and no change, I figured that there was only one thing left to do. I ran to the shower, jumped in, and tried to wash it all off. While this helped a little, the refreshing buzz lingered still into the night.

I re-read the bottle after I finished all this on its way into the trash, it was called a refreshing relaxing athletic lotion...language barrier? I think so...what they really mean is big fat bottle of icy hot. I did not feel refreshed, relaxed, or athletic....epic fail!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm sure you won't make that mistake again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just the crazy lotion you are talking about.. I have been hesitant to use it, as well as the mouth wash, I think I will refrain from using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did something JUST like that!
    Wehn Mike and I were in Philly I didn't bring any lotion so I bought a small bottle of Dove at the grocery store. I put in on at night, after I washed my face, and felt that tingling senation..... NOT good tingling. Followed by fire. My skin was bright red the next day. Then my skin started to peel.
    It was BODY WASH.
    I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete