Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Newest Addition to our family...


Well hello...have you been feeling a void? I hope not. It has been an eventful last little while. Here in the great state of Utah they have safety and emissions inspections before you are allowed to register your car... and you have to register your car every year. I hate this. I know that I often mention things that I prefer about Oregon to Utah, usually those things are in jest...this my friends is not. Oregon registers its cars once every three years...no safety checks...no emissions checks...no extra tax for living in Salt Lake. Anyway...you have to comply to be able to drive your car and they can tell you to fix whatever they feel like it. This year we spent over $500.00 to get our little beauty to pass their checks and to get it registered. As a result, we had to further put off what has been really wrong with our car...so we were finally able to get to that this week. We needed a new starter...there is another $500.00 down the drain. Anyway, it is nice that our car is in good shape now, but its just too bad it all came at once.

In addition, Parker and I have been saving for an I-touch. This little beauty has also been put off due to the car issues, but we finally had enough saved that we bought it this last weekend. Joy. That is the only word to describe Parker's face nearly every day when he takes that little beauty out of his pocket, turns it on, and looks at all the applications...the endless applications. I am enjoying it too. I am glad to finally be able to run with music again. I do think a lot of the applications on it are pretty nifty. So here it is folks...the newest addition to our family.

Additionally, as a result of buying that little guy, we will now be able to post pictures of ourselves because it has a camera you see :-) Isn't that fabulous! I know you will all love it.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Wightmans,
    What is your favourite new app?
    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kimberly "Unroll that toilet paper" Lamborn,
    Bekah's favorite is the Well Fargo app. Mine is Virtual Ping-Pong.
    Love,
    Parker

    ReplyDelete