Friday, September 10, 2010

Tights...


Well folks, it's Friday afternoon. The office is more than dead. My boss came in for a generous three hours today, pretty good for a Friday. Poor thing, she doesn't realize that I catch on to her clever game when she takes lunch at 2:00pm on Fridays...she probably isn't coming back. Such is the case today, and me...I sit here, bored, tired of dealing with clients and wanting to go home.

The plan was for me to get off at 4:00pm today...which would be right now. Well, more like six minutes ago, but our receptionist got sick and had to go home, so I am covering for her until 5:30pm. Can I just say that the jump from a 4:00pm departure and a 5:30pm departure is more than just an hour and a half...it feels about as endless as figuring out the right way to break up with a vulnerable significant other...drowning in other words. So, here I sit. At 3 o'clock p.m., I needed a change, a significant change, I was already blasting Christmas music so my last resort really had been employed. So I got up and took a trip to the bathroom and had an epiphany. Yes, I said epiphany!

Lose the tights. All day I have been itching in these argyle tights...is my outfit adorable? Yes. Do they complete the look? Yes. Did my boss actually give me a complement on what I was wearing today? Yes. But at 3 o'clock p.m, all that no longer mattered, off the tights came! LIBERATION! I left to the bathroom a bored paralegal...I returned a bored paralegal with less itchy legs and a wad of tightedge in my right hand...you be the judge, but I think it was the right choice for this afternoon...

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE those argyle tights. Dang. Sexxxy.
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola yo totally have tights just like those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This judge says YES! Removal of itchy leggings was the right choice. We now have a Friday jeans day at my office- except to wear jeans, you have to contribute $5 to our firm sponsored charity. Let me tell you- the $5 every week is SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally put 5 dollars in too to get to wear jeans. I get so very tired of dress pants and skirts. Nice work on that!


    Also, Carissa, good work on having your baby :-) She is darling!

    ReplyDelete