Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blah...


Well, it's one of those blah days at work. I am soooo excited for work to be done today, and yet, I still have a few hours to go. I am giving blood today. I am excited for that, I guess that tells you how frustrated I am with work. I am also going to a service project tonight, I am excited for that too.

I have begun working out again, since the test is over. It has been so nice. I love to work out. I am very glad to have time to do it again. I am slow and my reps are few, but I am a determined soul. So there is that going for me.

On Sunday, we had some friends over and I made a pie. I love baking and I really enjoy making pies especially. This is one of my favorites. It's called Autumn Apple Pie. It is delicious. Should you want to learn how to make this beauty, I would be happy to teach you.
It was delicious. I am a firm believer that nothing is really complete without ice cream, so I slapped on a scoop of vanilla ice cream and waited for it melt a little and add the delicious creaminess to the pie. As you can tell, pie and really, food in general is a serious matter for me. But this truly is the best time of the year particularly for making delicious things. I love to read, and since I was young, I have always loved to read stories that take place during autumn it seems that there is always some feast to describe, and I am not ashamed to admit those were generally the pages that I was most attached to, but who wouldn't been when your imagination can run wild with visions of roast turkey, cranberry sauce, pie, dumplings, crisp apples, juicy pears, sweet potatoes, creamed spinach, pumpkin juice, luscious grapes and on and on....

Anyway, I take my food for serious which is why I also seem to take my running for serious, and so it will be it seems for eternity.

In other news, I am not sure if I related that my brother Andrew and his wife Charity are expecting a baby boy. I am so excited for them. Everyone I know who is due in March is having a boy; apparently, Heavenly Father is needing to even out some population issues because it truly is a deluge of boy babies coming our way. Although, in reality worldwide, we probably are needing more baby girls, but that is an issue for another day.

Anyway, I have been discovering a lot of other people's blogs lately, and I have really been impressed by all that I read. I am always intrigued at what thoughts come through other people's minds. I love it in fact, I find it inspiring.

Lastly, I went to a law fair last night. I got fee waivers for applying to law schools...I am thrilled that I just saved us a ton oh money, cuz well application fees are stupid anyway. It was pretty obvious I think, that the only reason I actually opened my mouth to talk to any representative from any school was to ask them for a fee waiver, but they didn't seem to mind too much. I also got to talk to my lsat professor....he says that nation wide the consensus is that this test will be curved pretty substantially, so that makes me happy...my chances for a good score improve ;-)

Well thanks for reading...that's all for now.


7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about those days, I am very much looking forward to giving blood tonight, and I hate giving blood, it always makes me real sick. But you know, someone needs my blood more than me. Way to serve Bekah! You are awesome!! OH and that pie did look quite yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. and your blog. I need to blog one of these days. It's been a while. I am so glad that your LSAT is done! Lets work out this week. also. my friend is due in march and having a GIRL! yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one lovely pie. Perhaps we should have a lovely Christmas dinner before you go to Oregon, since we won't probably be doing that much cooking for Thanksgiving in Napa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just tell you I love reading your blog posts. It is like I am sitting right next to you! I love you and I love the thoughts that you share with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, thanks everybody. I like blogging, but I feel like I don't do it frequently enough sometimes. I hate to be left without updates, so I will try to be better. Thanks for your kind words though. Andrea, I am glad you like to read my blog, it makes me want to write all the more :-) How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, Bekah you are awesome and I share you love of food. Although I can honestly say I have never baked a pie all by myself. I do love a good pie every once in a while but usually cookies and cakes always sound best. Actually, scratch that, I have made a chocolate cream pie. I guess fruit pies still seem to healthy for a treat for me. Haha...just kidding.

    Anyways, I also mentioned to Ashley adding you to her blog and she totally remembers who you are so don't feel dumb and she said she'd definitely add you...she's always shocked to find that people think her blog is interesting even though I check hers every day too because it IS interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That second photo is just SO Bekah! We miss you at WomanStats!

    ReplyDelete