Monday, October 25, 2010

SNOW!!!!!!



Well everybody,

It looks like the first snowfall of the season started today. I know that some people dread this, but I enjoy this snow here at the end of the year. By about January, I am really done with the snow, but for now, it still gives me that exciting snow day feel from my growing up days. Unfortunately, there is no way out of work, so I am here, but perhaps, if I am lucky, the snow will start back up for a little while today. I think from my 16th floor office it would look rather beautiful, but I am sure this will come in good time.

Anyway, I see that my husband posted on our blog for the first time. That gives you quite a flavor for his personality. I am glad he posted, and he certainly has brought new found readership to our blog.

Also, in recent news, we had a bit of an accident this weekend. We were driving down 13th East in Salt Lake on our way to the dollar theatre. Anyway, right near the theatre, we hit a huge bump in the road....we are talking HUGE. When we got out to inspect our car, the wheel rim was bent, the tire was flat, and the hubcap was missing. May I stress that we just paid off those tires too! Ugh, anyway, we went to look at what bump had created this mess, and sure enough, it appeared that they had been doing some construction and just decided to not fill in part of the road. This wasn't just a pothole folks, this was earnest road neglect. Anyway, it kind of threw off our whole night. No movie. Had to put the donut on. Thanks for our friend Lisa, we had AAA roadside assistance.


See the black part. That is where the road was filled in. See that empty part with dirt and then a huge ledge, that is what killed our wheel. Maybe the picture below shows it better. It is as if they just decided to stop filling in the road...anyway. Bummer.

Which led our wheel to look something like this:



And our bad luck continued...yesterday, Parker's parents were kind enough to let us borrow their very nice 2008 Camry so that I could go to a friend's mission farewell talk down in Payson, UT. Anyway, as you know, it was rather rainy and windy yesterday. Well...at some point on our drive home, a big fat rock decided to fly up and hit the windshield right in the middle. Dead center. So, we now caused an otherwise pristine windshield's first rock chip. It was kind of a downer car weekend, but I suppose this is all part of growing up and dealing with what life throws at you. In the end, I suppose we can't complain too much, we certainly had many helping hands along the way.

2 comments:

  1. I totally sympathize with you Bekah, I don't remember if you saw our window at the family reunion, but two weeks after we bought our car the driver side window decided to shatter into a million little pieces, what caused this you ask...we still have no idea! Cars are so helpful and at the same time such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!! That is horrible! I hope you get it all squared away tonight. Sorry dear :(

    ReplyDelete