Friday, October 22, 2010

A Departure...


I figured after my rather heavy post yesterday, I should probably lighten the mood a little, so I figured that I needed to explain a desire that has been brewing within me for sometime...

I am not really one to be into TV or the music scene. I have very little celebrity knowledge; however, occasionally I grow a little obsessed with a certain musical artist. This all started when I was 12, and my dad got the first Charlotte Church CD. We were roughly the same age...but my Dad loved to listen to her sing...I tried to sing a long. That didn't work...and I grew jealous of her...very jealous. You may be laughing...but you can't say you haven't done the same thing.

Anyway, over the years it has become clear to me that though I can't sing nearly as well as her, I have come out the winner in my dad's heart.
A "typical" Charlotte picture.
















A "typical" Bekah Picture.
Is there even a competition? I think not.













Anyway...lately though, I have realized that I would like to be one of the Celtic Woman. I know,
I know...but they just seem so cool. I mean come on look at this lot:


So, I have assessed the situation. To be in the Celtic Woman, you first have to be okay with the fact that even though there are always four or more in the group, they have decided to stick with the singular "woman" rather than "women." CHECK.

Second, you need to be able to sing softly and without vibrato....partial CHECK.

Third, you need to play a cool instrument...only Chloe Agnew doesn't and she is in there...so you need to sing really high or play a cool instrument...partial CHECK.

Fourth, you must be from Ireland....this is a big hang up. I don't know how to even go about making this a partial check...but I do like potatoes...???? Does that make it count?

Fifth, you must have a sweet accent and speak Gaelic...k...we are going to leave that one alone...who needs Gaelic anyway? Besides Parker speaks Norwegian and I kiss him from time to time, so I practically am fluent in Norwegian and Norwegian sounds as obscure as Gallic...so that flies I think. Don't question me on this alright? I took like a year of formal logic in preparation for the LSAT, my reasoning is fool proof.

Sixth, you must be able to walk while singing and make sweet formations while doing so. DOUBLE CHECK. I totally can do this...thank you middle school square dancing!

Seventh, you need to look really good wearing pretty, sleeveless dresses. K, problem here again, I am not really a sleeveless kind of girl. But there was this once when Chloe wore a little overcoat thing...I'll bring sleeves back. Or I could make sleeves that look like shoulders...shoulder sleeves I would call them. I'll start a new trend...so partial CHECK.


So in the end...what do you think? Can I become a Celtic Woman? In case you don't know who the heck I am talking about...please watch this sweet video of one of their live performances...you have to admit they are pretty cool.


WATCH IT! You won't regret it.

3 comments:

  1. DO IT!!! You can have my Irish decent so that you can do it, and my bro can teach you Gallic, he's a lawyer too it totally works out! You've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have very little celebrity knowledge also...but I'm pretty sure you spell Gaelic like that...I can do Irish dancing...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carissa! I did spell that wrong. Good catch.

    ReplyDelete