Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sorry about yesterday...but the adventure continues.

Sorry that I didn't blog yesterday. I should have. I just got preoccupied with something that took a great deal of time yesterday.

Today has been a great day. Super great! I hate Wednesday's at school everyone refers to them as our "Hell Day," I prefer not to refer to them in this manner, but it doesn't mean I don't feel that way. They are miserable, and I dread them. I sort of felt completely helplessly lost in Civil Procedure today which made me grumpy in Contracts... but thanks for a good friend, I got cheered up in no time. Law school can really get you down sometimes, but I am still grateful to be going and even more grateful for the wonderful people that I know there.

There is a bond among our class that I am sure most first year law students develop with their class, but I just feel so connected with so many of them. It is terrific.

Anyway, tonight I went to this thing for law school called the Inns of Court. It is pretty neat, and I was really excited to go. I was bummed that when I got there the most important activity seemed to be taking advantage of the open bar, but I suppose that's life. There was only one attorney I encounter who was flat drunk, so that bodes well. My table group was awesome, and I am very excited to get to know all these attorneys. They made me feel so welcome.

I did excellent at dinner too! We had a catered meal. I ate the dinner salad with italian vinaigrette dressing, some kind of fish, I think it was halibut. There was this I am sure deliciously buttery sauce that they served with the fish, and I did not touch that. Nor did I eat my rice, the fish and veggies was enough for me. When they brought the HUGE PIECE OF CHOCOLATE CAKE, I refused which boded well for me, because I was then offered a plate of fruit. Who knew? That was great. I much prefer fruit anyway, and it was delicious. Especially the watermelon. All the attorneys at my table complimented my healthy choice, and that was fun too. Mostly, I am just feeling so much healthier. I am making an evening snack of roasted sweet potato wedges, which will hopefully tide me over until I can get my homework done, which will probably be in three hours or so.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your support in all this. I know that I haven't listed any recipes yet, but hopefully this weekend, I will be able to catch my breath enough to do that.

Unfortunately, when I went for a run on Monday morning, I ran around 4 miles, and my hip has not been right since. This same hip issue flared its head during the Red Rock Relay, which was totally lame, but I thought it had gone away. Not so! I sat on Monday icing my hip with a frozen pot roast. Gross? Probably a little. I promise to not make you pot roast if you come to our house, so that you don't have to wonder. But it was just the right shape, and it did make my hip feel better, but it still is giving me trouble, so my running might have to just simmer down a little. Fortunately, last time I checked the U still had a pool :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment