Wednesday, September 21, 2011

RED ROCK RELAY

So, we did this big race called the RED ROCK RELAY. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work. We had a team of 12 people, 2 vans, and ran a total of 185 miles in 32 hours. Each person runs 3 different legs. It was intense and physically draining, but a lot of fun!


Here we are at the finish. So happy to be done.
Dash and Zoe were a speedy duo on our team.
Here we all are showing off our stripes. You get a stripe per completed leg of the race :-)


This is my mother in law and my sister in law. The middle of the night runs were some of the greatest and hardest depending. I was so proud of everyone.
HANDS OFF LADIES, this one is ALLL MINE :-) Poor Parker got roped into doing this...I really thought he would get into it, and he really did, but I still think in the future I will let him sign himself up for races and not take that upon myself. I was so proud of him though, he ran further than he ever had before in his life! And that was just one leg of his race, so then he had two more after. He did great!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of Parker. He's a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you, Captain. You know you loved being in charge and all the blessings that came with it. :)

    ReplyDelete