Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Fun...

So, Parker and I do fun things sometimes, but we never document them with pictures...so no one ever knows that we do fun things, but we do, it's true.

This weekend, we went up to Rexburg to visit my brother and his wife. We had a lovely time despite feeling like we were on a gulag in Russia every time we walked outside. Rexburg is lovely I am told...and I certainly think the people warm your hearts...but the weather didn't win me over.

Anyway, we went skiing while we were there...well I skied..or tried to, and Parker snowboarded. I wish we had taken some cool pictures...but we were too busy trying not to die. I actually had a good time though. I do have bruises all the way up both legs, but it was worth it! By the end, I was actually zig zagging like you are supposed to, and I was having a ball. I thought I was done after that first run...but in the end, I managed a total of 5 runs before calling it a night. I am glad that we went and did this. Skiing, along with ice skating, roller skating...and really anything else that requires balance and coordination...have never been a strong point of mine, but by the end of the trip, I could see why a family ski pass may be appealing in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Yea for you and your sense of adventure. :) I am hardly a magnificent skiier but I'm glad you gave it a go. Andddd you should probably start photographing all of the killer things you guys do together. haha I want to see and you won't want to forget. ...do I sound like a parent or something. haha Bisoux!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha, I wish I could have been there. To watch you, and laugh. (hahahah)

    ReplyDelete