Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Taste for the French...

Alright, not all of you will appreciate the video I post below...those of you who don't speak French in particular might not find it funny because it's all in French...so, I am sorry for excluding some of you my valiant readers...but I welcome you to watch the video anyway. However, the rest of my post after the video will be entirely in English...and if you care to read that, you are welcome to.



I have been missing France today. This guy cracks me up because he is so ridiculous, and that is kind of not French. I don't think I met anyone in France as ridiculous as this fellow...which makes him all the more ridiculous. But I have been missing the beauty of the buildings, the excitement of the city, the preciseness of the language, the hot crepes, the cold mornings, the atmosphere of history, the Louvre. I think back to my time there, and I wish that I could live it all over again sometimes...only this time, I would be less cautious, more curious, and live fully. It was not the experience I anticipated it would be...but I am forever changed because of my time there...and that makes me often crave life in France again.


4 comments:

  1. you know what I have to say about this...
    we ARE going to make it happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bekah I couldn't agree with you more. How is it that after so much time I still ache for that place--all of the little details. Street musicians, riding the metro with strangers, being entirely mesmerized by the architecture, coming to love art, etc. Ah, thanks for understanding that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, love it. Agreed, he does not seem very French. Also agreed that I wish often that I could do it over again and be the same things as you say. Some day we'll all go back together! Well, maybe not ALL of us...hahah (oh that's mean, but those people don't read your blog anyways...). I guess that's partly what it was all about...help us learn how to live the rest of our lives better!

    ReplyDelete