Friday, January 21, 2011

Out with the OLD...


Well folks, I knew 2011 would bring changes. I knew it and I thought I was prepared...I really did...but then the unthinkable happened: Exhibit A.

Exhibit A

It took me YEARS, years I tell you to find a feminine hygiene product that worked for me. I did my time with Tampax, Playtex, Kotex and all the others...nothing felt right, and then one day, I happened upon these little beauties, and it was as if I was seeing the world in color for the first time...k, it wasn't that dramatic, but IT WAS SURE LIFE CHANGING, in a small but SIGNIFICANT way. And do you know what???? Several weeks before Christmas, I went out to stock up on these cotton treasures...but they were no where to be found, all the stores were out. I thought to myself, I know that I live in the most liberal part of Utah, but this has never been a problem before. Why was there a run on tampons? Does Utah get a smaller amount of these tampons because they don't sell as well here???? WHAT WAS THE REASON? I went home dejected...so I figured that I may as well order some from Walmart on line, because I didn't want to drive the 13 blocks it would take me to get down to the store. ALL OUT. Now, tell me how a shopping Mecca like Walmart with an ONLINE store to boot can be out of stock? It just wasn't adding up...and that is when folks, that is when the research began...and the depression set in. It wasn't Utah folks...it was the manufacturer.

THE O.B. LINE OF TAMPONS HAS BEEN FOREVER DISCONTINUED...they are selling for like $40.00 a box on Amazon etc. I am sure I could get them elsewhere on-line, but no more will I see that petite box greeting me in the grocery store. What did I learn from this? I learned that I should be less hard on this great state of Utah...and I learned that Johnson and Johnson may make some great baby shampoo, but they can't see a good women's product if it hits them between the eyes...alas...that is the out with the OLD part...my next post should bring in the NEW.

3 comments:

  1. Gone forever?! Man that sucks! I also thought those were the best tampons out there compared to all the brands. Dang. Looks like we're back to square one finding a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOO!! Those were my favorites! They're discontinued?? I feel letter writing is necessary, who's with me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahah, i'm laughing so hard, only Bekah would have the guts to post a blog about a tampon tragedy

    ReplyDelete