Friday, January 13, 2012

Our little baby boy!


And then there was yesterday :-) Yesterday, when we found out that we are having a little boy. MY little boy. Oh my goodness. I am so excited for this little fellow. He is a fighter, and he already has quite a personality.

Yesterday, at the appointment, this little fellow was not very eager to display his goods. It took a lot of coaxing to get him to split his legs. The ultrasound tech kept pushing on my stomach and he would move his arms and push back like, "lay off lady, I'm trying to sleep!" After a few of those punches, he finally just took both arms and covered his face so just his sweet little nose poked out between them.

It truly is so unreal that he is just squirming around in there. That he can hear my voice. That he knows or at least will know my voice and Parker's voice. That he has all sorts of feelings and that he is content being in my belly for now.

My favorite comment that the ultrasound tech made during the visit went as follows, "The brain looks good, the heart is beautiful, all the organs look good.....WOW, those are really long femur bones. He's got some seriously long legs." Indeed, the babe will be quite long/tall.

Anyway, I am so excited about this little fellow. The Wightman family refer to him as Brutus Limes Wightman...a strong name, but probably not the ultimate keeper.

Second trimester has brought on even more sneezing than the first. Occasional taco bell cravings. Having to pee every second. And A LOT more energy than in the first trimester.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Bekah! I can't wait to see pics of your baby boy when he is born. Thanks for sharing your experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're bringing these pictures on Sunday. I need some help deciphering. SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Bekah! A little boy will be so fun. And that second trimester energy rush is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bekah I am so excited for you! This seriously makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you Bekah dear! Love all of it.

    And for the post above this one...you should go teach law, I would like to take a law class from you (in that fictional world where I go to law school).

    ReplyDelete