Thursday, December 16, 2010

Waiting...Waiting...Waiting...

FIRST OFF, let me just thank everyone who commented on my previous posts. I am so flattered that I have so many faithful followers :-)

Today is a blah day for sure. I am so jealous that Parker doesn't have school or tests or anything that I could just burst. I am watching the minutes until I can leave today...59 at this point. But, I have to stop and laugh at myself because I still have to come in to work tomorrow for another 8 hours. It is more or less a sure failure when I am watching the clock and it is only Thursday.

58 minutes now. Anyway, my brother and his wife and my adorable niece have arrived alive and well to Oregon. I am super jealous of them too. The paper chain here at my desk indicates that I have but 4 days left until I too will join my family in Oregon...but this days seem endless.

Alas, such is life I suppose. It has been fun to read what everyone is gearing up to do with their lives for this holiday season. I am so excited for all these people welcoming changes. I LOVE CHANGE. I think that is why my job gets me down so much sometimes. It is terribly monotonous, and usually any change that does come reflects an unfortunate circumstance...a mistake.

Anyway, as a finisher to this altogether moving and riveting post, I was thinking last night about how much I love that people in Shakespeare's time yelled "Fie, Fie..." It seems so much more a flattering expletive than many of those I hear from clients on a daily basis. I think one of my new year's resolutions this year will to bring "Fie, Fie..." back. To make it rad again.

What are your goals for the new year? Perhaps this small change, this ridiculous institution of verbiage will somehow lift my spirits and those I come into contact with, what are your thoughts about this new found resolution?

46 minutes to go :-)

1 comment:

  1. Bekah! Today is the day that I feel your pain. I'm sitting in the office, on Thursday afternoon (Dec. 23), waiting for another attorney to finish taking his afternoon nap so that he can give me a project to finish up. Everyone is gone for day, getting ready for Christmas and spending time with their families while I sit here impatiently waiting for work :)
    On a happy note- Have a very merry christmas!!! Stefanie

    ReplyDelete