Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Great Catch Up

So....it's been a while, and we have finally uploaded a bunch of pictures from our camera...so this is going to be somewhat of a marathon picture post...but for those who are resilient...I will tell all about my LSAT score at the end :-) If that isn't enough to keep you reading...I doubt that you will enjoy the journey to that point, so you probably should just stop reading now...but first, an adorable picture of my little niece Lucy, this is at her one year birthday party.. I think she is one cute girl even with pink frosting all over her face :-)


Now on to Columbus Day! Parker and I went to a pumpkin pa
tch, and somewhere along the way, he decided that this would be a great place to practice our future...very future...maternity/paternity pics...so here they are in all their glory.


I know, I need so
me practice, but as we progressed, things improved.





























The VERY pregnant look.















Daddy listening to the heart beat.












The look Parker gave when he realized he wouldn't get to 'carry' the child until after it was born











And us, just being our stinkin' cute selves.




Move ahead a while...Parker and I decided to visit one of his cousins. They are this great family. We had so much fun with them, their kids Lily and Hendrix (Yes, it's after Jimmy Hendrix) showed us their sweet rock collection (round, bumpy, red, yellow, broken, etc), did puppets shows for us, showed their feats of strength, and at the end of the night, showed us how pro they were at making caramel apples.





Finally, Halloween. This year we fulfilled one of Parker's boyhood dreams. When he was younger, he loved to play the video game Zelda. I recall my brothers playing this game, and how cool they thought it was that Zelda could like jump around in his sweet little green tunic and hold a sweet sword and have that killer shield. Well, it turns out, I was super misguided in my understanding of Zelda all these years. Turns out, Zelda is the princess and Link is the green dude. Of course, there would be a damsel in distress wouldn't there? But after Parker told me that she uses a sword in the game too, I figured it could be alright. So I printed off the characters' pictures from on-line...went to DI...and got to work. These are the finished products.


He kind of bugged me, because I had spent all this time making him that killer sword only for him to go and make a pretend bow and arrow in this picture...what's up with that?

That's more like it. I have never seen a more vicious fighter against inanimate objects like the stove and fridge :-)



Us being cute at our ward party.





Almost there.....
So that was Friday night October 29th....October 30th, I signed up to run a half marathon with some friends of mine. It was the Provo Halloween half, and so we dressed up. You will see that my friend Kim is the Spelling Bee, I am the Thesaurus Rex, and our other friend is Super Girl. Quite the trio...no body really got my costume, but that just means it was one of a kind :-)






Anyway, the sad story about this race is that it was very downhill at the start, the start of thirteen miles. When I got to mile 1.5, yes, that is one and a half, I tripped, and my foot came out in front of me the way a foot shouldn't, and I fell on it, and heard this huge pop, and I was down. It was this extreme rush of pain....terrible pain. Anyway, I thought about being epic and walking the last 12 miles...but as I couldn't even walk a step without experiencing some serious trauma...I decided against it. A very nice woman offered to give me a ride down to the finish line in her car. Anyway, I am very proud of my friends who ran it and finished, that is awesome...better luck next year I suppose.




And now the moment you have all been waiting for....the big reveal. I got a 160 on my LSAT. That means I was in the 80th percentile...which means I did better than 80% of those who took it nationwide. It's no Harvard Score, but I'll take it. It was the very bottom of my safe zone, and as a result, I do not think that I will need to take the test again. Instead, I am on to filling out my applications and crossing my fingers that all will go well. Thank you all for your help and your prayers and your kindness! I am so relieved, and I simply feel so blessed!

7 comments:

  1. For some reason I could not see any of the pictures but I have to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! Woot! Woot! What a great score and so exciting that you don't have to go through that stress again. I am confident that number will help you get into any of the schools you are interested in. Way to go! I am proud to say I am related to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of the pictures? That is the saddest thing...maybe it just took a while loading. Well, in the future hopefully they will be there, but thanks for the congrats. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw the pictures today it worked. I thought it was just my computer yesterday. How's the ankle doing friend? I hope it's starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, the pictures are up. Ummmmm......I think my fave has to be the jam monster known as your niece. And our awesome costumes. And maybe the pumkpin pregnancy. Or possibly the 160 LSAT. I'm glad I have smart friends. It puts the pressure off me to be clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just getting caught up on your blog pbwightman's. Great pic's. You are so talented, Bekah. And you wear the pregnancy pumpkin very well. Now, I'm going back to more reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the LSAT, Bekah. I loved your costumes too. You guys are awesome. You don't mind if I follow your blog, do you? Cause I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found it! How did I miss it? I had even been waiting for a post of your marathon and I kept saying to myself...this should have happened a loooong time ago but I'll keep checking! Anyways, it did happen and I just missed it. Phooey. You are awesome though, as I said...I never doubted your skillz! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete