Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Raw Milk

I bought Raw Milk today. That's right. I said raw milk, straight from the cow's teet.

And, I know what you are thinking, "Seriously, she's chosen death by milk?"

At least that is sort of what I thought when I signed the waiver that more or less said I was aware drinking this milk could kill me, but I was willing.

On the package there was this cute warning on the label that said something like BE AWARE: WE TRY REALLY HARD TO MAKE CLEAN MILK BUT THIS MILK COULD STILL KILL YOU. And I thought to myself, huh, sounds like state regulation to me, and that friends is how I know that I will pass the bar, because today, I looked state legislated death in the face...and I laughed.

Drink up. Milk mustaches all around :-)

3 comments:

  1. I was looking at the raw milk at the store the other week. I've heard it tastes really good; what'd you think? I'm a wimp though and the warnings are enough for me! I think it'd be cool to try if I knew a trusted farmer. I'm still just reeling from the price of pasteurized milk in our new city... And it's funny how everything seems to relate back to the law after law school... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, law jokes. You crack me up. I drank raw milk when I spent summers at a ranch in Wyoming. It tasted faintly like cow barn smell. Pasteurization is a-okay in my book.

    ReplyDelete