Saturday, February 1, 2014

Never going back...

Last semester finals were quite possibly the most miserable of my education ever. Both Parker and my finals extended the entire length of the finals period. Are you kidding me???? In fact, Parker wasn't done until midnight on the last day of finals. It was exhausting and incredibly stressful. Atticus was 18 months and despite how much I love this age, my goodness I miss the naps he took during previous finals periods. He is down to a single nap, 1.5 hours if I am lucky. Oh dear me, I miss those productive hours during the day hours. So, he got farmed out to neighbors, friends, ward members, and I felt guilty which contributed to the terrible finals period extravaganza.

On the very last day of finals, after my tests were done and Parker was basically done (still had an hour left on a test), we decided to have a finals completion victory night out. Just the two of us. A lovely idea. We went and saw Hunger Games: Catching Fire. If you haven't seen it, the rest of the post will spoil it, so stop reading. If you have, you will know what I mean.

Dear friends. When I saw this film, I had been done with the most stressful finals period of my life for  5.5 hours.

And let me just tell you, when Katniss is told she has to go and compete in another hunger games, and she runs to the forest. Crying. Running. Crying. Running.

That my friends captures the reaction I anticipate I would have if I ever EVER ever had to return to law school.

You might think that I am over-exaggerating, after all Katniss likely had massive PTSD from killing all those people, but I promise you, the situations are closer than you might think.

3 months people. 3 months, and I shall be done with law school, off to bigger and better things like taking the test that will determine if law school mattered at all and if I can be licensed in my field to pay back the mountain of debt I have incurred. The law school love just keeps on giving. Huzzah!

4 comments:

  1. You are so close! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl! Father in Heaven will get you through this! Farm Atticus out to us sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have finished law school now!! I'm so happy for you. You're an awfully incredible lady. I'm lucky to know you.

    ReplyDelete