Monday, August 1, 2011

Action Plan Step Two: NO SWEETS FOR A YEAR

I know I need to write an update on my life. The first part of the action plan is going well. Today I am instituting the second. Here is the deal, everyone says that law school is pretty tough, especially that the first year is really tough. Throughout my life, when the going has gotten tough, I have invariably turned to food, particularly SWEETS. I wish this was not the case, but as I have felt myself becoming more nervous in anticipation for school, I have noticed my reserve and moderation in regard to these delicious desserts completely evaporate. As a result, I am publicly declaring that starting today August 1, 2011, I will not eat sweets/desserts/candy etc until August 1, 2012. Doesn't that sound terrible? I think that it might be, but I am hopeful. I know the holidays will be hard, but I have thought this out, and I think I can do it. ALSO, a small disclaimer is that Red Mango, which is real frozen yogurt, no want to be frozen yogurt, stays in my diet, so if I get really desperate, I can always have that...and I think that will be my salvation at least for these first few months. More than anything, I will miss chocolate, but I have grown too dependent on it, so this will be good for me.

I do not plan to never eat any of these again, but I want to teach myself that I am in control this year, so that when I add this back into my life, I have a better chance of keeping moderation in there too. WE SHALL SEE...but I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, that is one hard goal, but YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl, you are a braver woman than me. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS this all sounds like the book the happiness project. you should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have the worst time not eating sweets. Especially chocolate. I usually end up eating chocolate and then i run so i dont feel as bad for eating it. But red mango is super good. Is there one around here?

    ReplyDelete