Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2 Years


Well, Monday, August 15, 2011 was our 2nd wedding anniversary. This year was Parker's year to plan, and the day was absolutely perfect. Especially since I started law school orientation today, it was so fun to go have a lovely relaxing day with Parker.

There are many things I love about my husband, but ranking among the highest is his genuine creativity. If I name a day, give him a budget, and tell him I want surprises...he delivers :-)

This year was certainly full of small, simple, perfect surprises.

Here in Salt Lake, we have a public transit system called Trax. However, there is a very fast train called the Front Runner that takes you all the way up to Ogden in about 45 minutes. It is a smooth ride too. Since I recently acquired my new University of Utah Student I.D., I now ride for free, as does he because he is also a student. So, SURPRISE #1: Riding Frontrunner to Ogden while watching episodes of a show we like the whole way there :-)





Then once we got to Ogden, a cute little bus that looked like a Trolley picked us up and took us around town. The trolley was free so that was fun too. In Ogden, they have this cool place where you can indoor skydive and indoor surf. We went and watched people do this, it was way cool.

Then Parker convinced me that there should be a special occasions clause in my "no sweets for a year" resolution...so we went over to subzero and had some ice cream.



Parker has also decided that each year on our anniversary, we should set aside a little money to get something to improve our home. This year, we had a kitchen focus. We went to Sur la Table at the Gateway and picked out some items that would make our kitchen more efficient. We got a super duper scrubber thing, a lemon juicer that catches the seeds, and a slotted spoon with scalloped edges. Super FUN!

Then, we finished off the evening with dinner and a movie. Parker and I were both born in August. Thus, we are part of the Tocanos Birthday Club :-) So, for dinner, we used our free birthday meal.

The movie of choice was The Help. I really enjoyed it, and I think Parker did too. The whole day was wonderful, and a perfect start to the craziness of law school. Thank goodness for my sweet husband. All night, all I could think was how truly lucky I was to find Parker.

A friend told me recently that Parker was a good man, and I really deserved him. I had to tell her as much as I wished I could take that compliment, there really wasn't any deserving about it. I just got lucky, and that is the truth. Parker took a chance on me and me on him, so far it is proving the smartest choice I have yet made in my life. I am glad Heavenly Father brought Parker into my life and even more glad I was willing to sacrifice a part of my life plan for a better one.

3 comments:

  1. There is so much depth to that last sentence. Love it. Also, good job for taking pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the new hair, and I love it! also,the HELP is AMAZING

    ReplyDelete