Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Secondarily,

So dear friends, let me just say, it has been very nice to relax since quiting my job. Parker and I purchased a garden plot here at our apartment complex...that's $5.00 that I will never see again, so you see, I will be a gardening woman this Summer. I will be one with the land. Today I bought seeds, it brought me back to all the gardens I had growing up. I love gardening, and I am rather excited to try my hand at it here in this drier hotter climate. Should be good for tomatoes.

Some of you have asked what I am going to be doing now that my job is over? Well, Parker and I were supposed to go on an internship to Norway from May to August, but just this last week, that kind of fell apart. Have no fear, Parker is a wanted man, and he has secured a position here in Utah with the university as well as some independent contract work, so he is sitting pretty. But then you are probably thinking...why did she quit her job when she knew that her summer had cleared up? Well, Parker and I decided, it was time I took a rest from my career. Besides, who could we really trust to till our land all 5 feet by 3 feet of it, hmmmm? Exactly! There really is no other way :-)

But, I will be doing a bit of traveling. In two weeks, I will be leaving for Boston to snuggle my new nephew and play with my sweet niece. So, I am very much looking forward to that :-) Parker is super nice for letting me go...there was a bargain, I believe when I return, a pretty new I-pad will be sitting in his lap, you have to pick your battles in marriage, you know?

Anyway, so far in retirement, I have purchased two summer water park passes for Parker and I...a garden plot...some plane tickets...and fabric, if only I could figure out how to thread my 50 year old sewing machine...I suppose I have the whole summer to figure it out.


5 comments:

  1. I love being retired...it really opens up the possibilities you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. We have plenty of bonding time ahead of us this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have some fun exciting plans for the summer, it will be nice to relax this summer before you hit grad school! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for summer, gardens, traveling and retirement!!! It will be the perfect break before hitting the books and enduring the inescapable socratic teaching method!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear Bekah,
    I make bargains like that all the time. For instance, I get a trip to Sri Lanka because Alexander got a new macbook pro. Another instance: I got a new pair of Frye boots (ARV $250) because Alexander got a time machine. I like these bargains, especially when I hold the cards :)

    ReplyDelete