Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Washington D.C.



So Parker and I went on an awesome trip. It was more than a month ago now, but all the same, here are your pics :-)



Parker and I got a private tour of the Capitol building. It was pretty awesome. Our tour guide was this awesome BYU student too, and that made it even more fun. If graduating in International Relations limited my options for work in Salt Lake City; it certainly made up for a lot of that in this vacation :-) I had so many awesome friends and connections out there that made our trip AWESOME.

I wish that I had thought to put make-up on this day since we ended up taking a ton of pictures, but alas, you all have the pleasure of seeing authentic me.


This is the Capitol's rotunda, it was so beautiful.


This is the Korean War Memorial. I thought it was so neat, probably my favorite of the bunch. Also, did Parker and I mention that we stayed with this really nice Jewish family while we were out there? Well we did. My greatest regret was setting off the house alarm at Six in the morning, the day we left. Whoops...we had good intentions, but at least this way, everyone got to say their final goodbyes.

This is in Ford's theatre. It is the booth where Lincoln was shot. The more I learn about that man, the more I like him, and wish that our last few presidents democrats and republicans a like had a bit more Lincoln-esqueness to them.

This was at the Air and Space Museum. I think this was Parker's favorite of the whole trip; he was kind of like the boy in a candy shop. I love that he loves space. I was really hungry and grumpy during this particular visit though, so I doubt that really showed through.



I love this quote. It was at the F. D. R. monument. I think that one of my blogs coming up will touch on this more, but all I can say is, AMEN.


This is the Jefferson Monument. In front of this monument, there is a huge lake pond thing, and you better believe that Parker and I with the assistance of my friend Jennifer paddle boated that pond with all our might :-)


Cute Jennifer! She was my roommate freshman year of college. LOVE HER.

Isn't he cute? I think so. Though this was probably his only cute moment during this particular venture. Parker's feet hurt, and he was less enthused than me about paddle boating.
Here Parker is "acting" excited because I asked him to. We are at Mt. Vernon, George Washington's home. I really want to read more about George Washington. He was kind of a romantic, and I am sure he was a great many other things that aren't always displayed so prominently on the history channel, but I left having so much respect for him and all the founders of our nation. They truly were AWESOME.

The house where we stayed was just down the street from the National Zoo. So we went for a look see. Notice the hype about the pandas in the top of the pictures...turns out the pandas didn't want to be seen the day we went...lame.

Chinatown had the best restaurants, namely OUR FAVORITE, Matchbox. It is a pizza and burger joint, but I promise it is nothing like what you have had before. It was SOOOOO good, we came back on the last day of our trip just to have it again.


Yes, these little mini burgers are divine. I can taste them now. If you go to Washington D.C. Matchbox is a MUST!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! P.S. I love your hair, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to nanny in Bethesda, Maryland for a year, which is 10miles from D,C. I absolutely LOVE that area and miss it greatly. Looks like you got to some of my favorite places :)

    ReplyDelete