Thursday, March 10, 2011

Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Several times over the past few days, I have thought to myself, " Self, you really need to blog." But I haven't felt inspired. I haven't felt the least bit interesting. And what's worse, I have been kind of a grumpy pants, all these taken together mean a total lack of inspiration.

Today is the last day of the Utah Legislative Session, I only mention this because it is marker for how time is passing in my life. Last year at this time, I was going out of my mind to find a job, wouldn't you know it...now I am going out of my mind with the job I found. Funny how things like that change.

Anyway, does MARCH seem like it is dragging for anyone else but me? The other night Salt Lake got this massive snow storm. 1. I hate driving in the snow 2. Our car is small and weak 3. I am running a half marathon in April; therefore, missing runs due to snow is no longer an option 4. My husband stays late at school often 5. He also offers rides to his nearest and dearest despite massive snow storms 6. I pick him up from school because I love him despite the nasty weather...are you getting the picture of how this story shapes up? That was a long night of driving...it was a snow apocalypse. There were cars stalled everywhere on the side of the road. I had to take on this big hill, it was scary...I was praying HONESTLY I was, the whole time that our little car's four cylinders would just put out to manage the hill. Turns out they did, good job little car. After our 1.5 hour drive that night, Parker and I were talking about how well our car had done, we thought about getting it an honorary bottle of oil as a treat...but then we just got Panda Express for ourselves instead, another reason we can't be parents yet...if we neglect our car now, how will our children fare?

This snow storm, along with the fact that my last day at work is March 31, has made March seem long already...and it is only the 10th. LAME.

Anyway, Spring is supposedly on it's way. I am hoping that is true. It felt like Spring this morning. Thursday is my early early day at work. I have to take Trax on Thursdays, and I always feel very official riding that mammoth of a commuter car downtown, but today as I walked, I thought I felt maybe just a little bit of Spring in the air.

Um, also this morning on Trax, there was this African lady. She was listening to music on an I-pod I think, anyway, she was belting these sweet African tunes at the top of her lungs. I thought to myself...I wish I was that cool. If I belted tunes like that at the top of my lungs, people would just think I was strange...but people listening to her thought she was cool, I am certain of this because I thought she was cool...and I wondered about her life story, what brought her here, if she missed Africa, why she left, if she was going back etc...do you ever wonder stuff like that about random people? I do, all the time. I don't think people realize how intensely interesting they are to other people.

2 comments:

  1. I agree!! This month is lasting FOREVER! I think the fact that we have deadlines at the end of March is making it dreadful. That snow storm was horrible!! I am sick of snow and being cold. It's time for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...if we neglect our car now, how will our children fare?"
    I laughed OUT LOUD at this hilarious question. Oh Bekah. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete