Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday Tunes

Well hello there.

I was just looking at myself in the mirror...finding very little good to say. Three scabbed over zits on my face that just won't go away, dandruff sticking out at the roots of my semi-greasy hair, dark circles under my eyes...BUT THEN I THOUGHT.....TUESDAY TUNES!!!!! And somehow, I got really excited about this otherwise semi-saddening day. I guess my dandruff is appropriate seeing as the sky seemed to suffer from the same problem last night here in the Salt Lake Valley. Parker is on his Spring break, but the ground is freshly coated with snow. Alas...TO THE MUSIC.

In honor of this gloomy day, I decided to post Through Toledo by Greg Laswell for today's Tuesday Tune. I fell in love with this song when I went through a particularly hard couple of weeks here at work. It was as if the sun would never shine again, and this song summed that up. DON'T WORRY, it won't depress you! I swear. It is an excellent song.

Here is the link. Clearly, I need to talk to Parker more...because I still haven't remembered to have him show me how to paste in the video here.

Also, I realized last week, I made you all answer those questions, which THANK YOU for those of you who responded! But, I didn't answer them myself...so here are my answers and then my fresh set of questions for today.

Last Week : 1901 by Phoenix
1. Do you like the song? Have you heard it before? Yes and Yes.
2. It reminds me of neon pink and purple.
3. I think probably a kumkwat...just because it is so different.

Today's Questions:
1. Have you heard this song before?
I have...I discovered it on Pandora...and instantly loved the "hum drum gray day" part.

2. What helps you when you feel gloomy?
Going for a run and listening to good upbeat music.

3. What is your favorite kind of weather?
The rain. I miss the rain living here in Utah, and I always get excited when it does rain.

NOW, it's your turn. Hope you are all having a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Woot, I'm the first to comment!

    1) I have never heard it before, but I love it!
    2) I love listening to music when I feel gloomy, or getting under a blanket and reading a good book.
    3) I love the sunny winter days, when it is still cold outside but I can sit inside and soak up the warmth and sun shine through the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Never heard the song until now, but I like it.
    2) I have to agree with Andrea. Pre-Caleb- I enjoyed reading. Post-Caleb- nap time for mommy.
    3) Sun, sun and more sun. If I could, I would live in Arizona or Florida :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I haven't heard this song before and I can't decide if I like it. I feel like I have heard the rhythm before so it doesn't seem too original.
    2. Spencer always makes me feel better. The man can always make me laugh!
    3. California beach at sunset! Heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.I have never heard this song...and still have not because my computer has no sound and I won't be going to campus until tomorrow

    2.Oreo's and music I start off with gloomy music and ease my way into happy music.

    3.I like rain when it's warm out. But mostly I like Partly cloudy windy days, they give me a lot of energy to play.

    4. I would really love to highlight you on my blog TOMORROW!! So if you read this before you get on facebook then you should go to facebook and fill out the survey and send it back to me. If you don't see this till next week that's ok too. I can highlight you next week. :)

    I love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete